Since 2008, there has been talks about Toyota and Subaru are working together on a new sports coupe. In 2011 Tokyo Auto Show, Toyota finally revealed their new vehicle designed based on the classic AE-86. There is some news saying that Toyota will Label the FT-86 under Scion in US Market, and it may name is FR-S or Celica. Here is some official spec of the FT-86:
Length: 163.78 inches
Width: 69.29 inches
Height: 48.19 inches
Wheelbase: 101.18 inches
Powertrain / Drivetrain / Chassis / Suspension:
Subaru-derived 2.0L boxer (D-4S direct/port injection combo system)
Rides on a modified Subaru Impreza platform
Front strut, double wishbone rear, 225/40/19 tires all around.
4 pot brakes front and 2 pot rear.
– Designed by Toyota’s ED2 styling studio in France.
– Concept version to make public debut at 2009 Tokyo Motor Show.
– Production model to be shown in 2010.
– Sales expected to begin in late 2011.
– The concept car’s color is called “Shoujyouhi Red” – the traditional red color of a Japanese monkey’s backside.
– To be manufactured at Subaru Plant @ Gunma
– Chief engineer: Tetsuya Tada
We are looking forward to see the Scion FR-S next year. With the rear wheel design and its sporty appearance, the Scion FR-S (FT-86) must be a popular vehicle for aftermarket in the coming years.
Popularity: 2% [?]